How do I purchase a gun for the first time?
- You must acquire a Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC). We administer the test in store. It consists of 30 questions and you must score 23 to pass. You can obtain a study guide here: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fsc
- Select the firearm you want to purchase. It must be California compliant.
- Purchase the firearm (in store or on our website) and fill out the background paperwork. You fill out the paperwork in store. Here are the documents you must bring with you.
a. A copy of your driver’s license
b. A copy of one of these: firearm safety certificate, hunter license, CCW, peace officer badge, or military ID
c. A copy of one of these: utility bill, DMV auto registration, cable bill, internet bill, phone bill, property tax
d. A copy of your passport or birth certificate if your driver’s license has “Federal Limits Apply” or you are not a USA citizen
4. After 10 days you will be able to pick up your firearm.
3 simple steps to order from Loyal Arms
- Submit your online order at shop.loyalarms.com
- We will inform you once your order is ready for pickup or background check
How do I transfer firearm with Loyal Arms?
Please see detailed information here in section “Transfer a firearm with Loyal Arms”
How do I transfer ammunition with Loyal Arms?
Please see detailed information here in section “Transfer ammunition with Loyal Arms”
What about Private Party Transfer?
Please see detailed information here in section “Private Party Transfer”
How to buy ammo on July 1, 2019?
We are asked by this question everyday. Background check is CA mandatory to purchase ammo. There are 2 different background checks for ammo:
- Standard Eligibility Check is $1 with immediate status update
- Basic Eligibility Check is $19 with maximum of 10 days to update status
Exception to the ammo check is when you are pickup a firearm, purchase of ammo can be attached to the original firearm background check.
We have compiled several links below with more details information on this change: